Natural Carpet Deodorizer/Refresher - Make Your Own Scent

Baking soda is a staple in my home. We use it as a cleanser, scouring agent, and more recently, a natural carpet deodorizer/refresher. 

On Monday night, I asked my husband to take the kids outside to play for a while so I could get some much needed vacuuming done. The noise created by the vacuum scares the begeebus out of my little ones, so as long as they are outside, no one will have a meltdown. 

The recent humidity we've had plus constant playing on the floor (read: crawling, food smooshing, drink spilling) made it a little stinky. I turned to my trusty bag of baking soda for a quick, easy, and green solution to make my own carpet deodorizer.refresher. Here's the recipe:

In a glass jar with a lid, add:
2 cups baking soda
10 drops of your favorite essential oil (I used lavender)
Screw the lid on tight and shake to mix the oil with the baking soda.
Sprinkle it all over your carpet and let it sit (the longer the better). I gave it 5 minutes and vacuumed it up. It left my carpet smelling cleaner and gave it a relaxing lavender scent. 

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Homemade Cloth Diaper Detergent - Recipe #1

Spotlight on Buying Local: Ronnybrook Farms